Large dents and bumps under vinyl floor

May 7, 2017
OK
I just recently moved into a house with exciting above ground pool. It's approximately 30' x 15' oval. I got in it for first time yesterday and was very disturbed by the floor. It has large "craters" throughout the whole thing. I believe this pool is 5-6 years old(?). What has caused this and is there anything that can be done about it without having to tear it down? Just curious.

Not much you can do until you change the liner out. If you drain it now without changing the liner, you risk the current liner shifting or getting brittle/tearing. If you can live with it until you need to change the liner it shouldn't hurt anything. When its time for a change you can get at the base again and re-level it or add padding.

Welcome to TFP! Have you read PoolSchool yet? If we can answer any questions don't hesitate to holler!

Maddie :flower:

Ok. Thank you for the input... Glad I found this site. It has been very helpful. My previous house had an in ground that I took care of but the above ground has a little learning curve. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.