Large 50,000 Gal 26'x 45' Convert to SWG.

roadking00

LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
A friend of mine has a frog tablet set up on his pool and wants to convert to SWG (yep, talked him into some kind of TFP way), I'm a Stenner Pump Liq Chlorine user and told him I'd put a post out there to see if he can get some recommendations for a good brand SWG for his size pool, he will be getting all schooled up in pool school this week and joining the the TFP crew to get familiar with the TFP way of doing things but wanted to throw this out there for him to get a head start for him, he's in the process of filling it now (well water). Pool has a concrete bottom with acrylic fiberglass walls set in concrete (its Huge) 10' deep end, Huge hayward sand filter and single speed pump.

Thanks in advance for any/all help you guys can do....Mikes Pool.jpg

Your friend has a very big pool! There is a good table of SWG's over at discountsaltpool.com. He will need to get the biggest one he can find. The CircuPool RJ-60 Plus supposedly puts out 3.1lbs/day of chlorine. At that rating, he could make 7ppm per day in that 50k pool. That would be sized well for that pool.
I hate seeing a single speed pump on that pool. He should definitely have a Variable Speed pump with that pool.

Your friend has a very big pool! There is a good table of SWG's over at discountsaltpool.com. He will need to get the biggest one he can find. The CircuPool RJ-60 Plus supposedly puts out 3.1lbs/day of chlorine. At that rating, he could make 7ppm per day in that 50k pool. That would be sized well for that pool.
I hate seeing a single speed pump on that pool. He should definitely have a Variable Speed pump with that pool.
Thanks for such a quick reply, what would be his major benefit of going with the VFD pump besides cost / efficiency power consumption wise ?

Googled the Bible verse and was not disappointed stamped in a 50K pool.

Isaiah 44:3
New International Version

For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground

@roadking00 i second the VS pump need. The largest SWG will need to run a good chunk of the day, if not all of the day in the peak season. Most 3HP VS pumps can be run 24/7 at low RPMs for $20 a month.

Reactions: roadking00
Googled the Bible verse and was not disappointed stamped in a 50K pool.

Isaiah 44:3​

New International Version​

For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground

@roadking00 i second the VS pump need. The largest SWG will need to run a good chunk of the day, if not all of the day in the peak season. Most 3HP VS pumps can be run 24/7 at low RPMs for $20 a month.
Yes, cool verse painted on the pool bottom(y) , so with an SWG all that's needed is any flow across it to be actively producing chlorine ? No need to have it in a higher speed for the chlorinator to be effective ?

so with an SWG all that's needed is any flow across it to be actively producing chlorine ? No need to have it in a higher speed for the chlorinator to be effective ?
It’s either on, or off. All you need is just enough flow to turn it on (plus a little to spare as the filter gets dirty). Slow and steady produces the same as furious and wild.

Reactions: roadking00
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.