Landscape lights and programming

Cdemot02

Mar 8, 2019
Austin
We wired landscape lights to aux 6 on the control panel. The problem is the spa jets are labeled as aux 6. I'm not sure how that can be since nothing was wired to that aux. At this point I don't know how to program the landscape lights to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190911_193148.jpg
    IMG_20190911_193148.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 31
We wired landscape lights to aux 6 on the control panel. The problem is the spa jets are labeled as aux 6. I'm not sure how that can be since nothing was wired to that aux. At this point I don't know how to program the landscape lights to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
They are wired to 6. We unhooked them just to check everything manually since we could program in the panel

Which relay are you calling Aux 6???

To turn on the Spa, I would assume that you are doing nothing but turning a valve.. The Aux 6 circuit is most likely assigned to valve A or B and the actual relay is not being used.

For things that do not need a relay, it is best to use a Feature circuit, which does everything an Aux circuit does except it has no relay.

Do you have ScreenLogic? If so, an easy fix.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

Obviously, you can't have the jets wired to the same circuit that you have the landscape lights.

Whoever did your wiring did a very neat job, but the physical location of each relay does not match the logical location of where the relay should be... In theory the relay in the upper left should be the Pump/Filter relay, then to the right should be the Aux 1 relay, then Aux 2, then Aux 3.. On the next row down, starting on the left, is Aux 4, Aux 5, Aux 6 and then Aux 7.

It appears that the relay locations do not match where the relays are plugged into the main board. This is a problem because you can't easily tell which physical relay is for which circuit.

A good example is your Pool Light.. Your system uses Aux 3 to control the pool light, but the relay in the Aux 3 location has no wires going to it so it obviously cannot control the pool light. The same for Aux 4..

Unfortunately, you can plug any relay into any of the ports on the main board.. It will work fine, but before you can start wiring things, you need to know which physical relay is plugged into which Aux circuit port on the main board...

Based upon your pic, I "assume" that the relays in the Aux 6 and Aux 7 positions are being used for your lights. :scratch:

You will need to go out and follow the small black wires that go into the top of each relay and see what port they are plugged into on the main board.. Do not change anything, just tell us which physical relay is which aux relay number...

Your installer did not do you any favors by not following the standard relay location guide.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hmm. I see wires on 3. 4,5,6 are the ones that show to be open. So basically even though I can see the aux I can't see where the red wires on the top are going to the board. Therefore even though the aux is open on the bottom the wires on the top of it could be using it on the board from another auxillary?

C,

If you look inside the door to your EasyTouch there is a large decal that shows the name of each relay... The whole point of naming each relay is so that later on, if someone whats to change or add something, they know where each relay should be... Unfortunately, your installer did not use that location decal, so now he is the only one that knows which relay is which. Before you can wire something new, we need to determine what the name of each relay is now.

As designed, the sequence should be as follows..

P/F, Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3
Aux 4, Aux 5, Aux 6, Aux 7..

I suspect your panel is wired like this...

P/F, Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux ??
Aux ??, Aux ?? Aux 3, Aux 4

We need to confirm this and to figure out the missing three relays.

I know it is a pain, but you need to drop the main panel down and then follow the wires from each relay up to where they connect to the main board..

Show me a pic of your current set up, like the one below...

In theory every relay should be plugged in even if the relay is not being used.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
C,

I agree, but I wanted to solve one problem at a time..

Let me know, if Pentair does not not solve your issue.. It is pretty hard to work with more than one cook at a time.

Good luck,

Jim R.

Looks like they got it working. Cody pools is coming out because I'm getting water from the Jets in the spa, but not enough pressure to make bubbles etc. You can here the pump kick up when you turn on the Jets. I'm guessing construction debris clogging them up.

Thanks for all your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.