Landscape Help - a small sloped corner. Boulders? Retaining wall block?

l1ltaral1l

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 16, 2019
Walnutport, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
We are currently under construction, and will need a small 'wall' area to one deep end corner of our pool. We initially thought we could just leave it graded off, but it's looking too high so we'd like to add a wall of some sort. I love the look of natural boulders, but I can't quite picture the top part where the wall would meet the concrete decking along the pool. Boulders with mulch sounds ideal to me, but dyed mulch (I hate the natural stuff) only being 3' away from water with kids and dogs doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I also thought about adding a shorter section of decorative fence and having a climbing perennial there instead. Any other design tricks I'm missing? I'm in overload mode and my brain has shut down from being in the middle of a build. :scratch:

Realized I never updated this thread - and figured I should because I know how much time I spent searching the forum for keywords when we were building! This is the end result of how we handled the retaining wall:

Reactions: Newdude
We had a similar situation with our kick out concrete patio on one side of the pool. We selected boulders over a traditional retaining wall or grading it out with more dirt. We are very happy with our choice.

Reactions: l1ltaral1l
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.