lack of water at supply

amanzari

May 14, 2020
Temecula, CA
Hoping someone can advise before I rent a bulldozer. i noticed my water level of my inground pool was low. when i checked my supply line, i noticed there was no water in it. I checked the anti-syphon and there is no water coming up into that. My problem is there is no (known) valve that controls this supply; it simply pushes water from (i'm assuming) my house or from the street. I don't detect any water in the house, or around the house or wet ground, etc. seems extremely odd that the supply would just stop working. there has been no construction around my house. I am new to pool-living, so i'm hoping someone smarter than myself can help solve this.

Attachments

• autofill.jpg
    autofill.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Jim et al. the picture is not the float valve. I do have a float valve in the pool deck. I unscrewed it and not water is getting to it. that led me back to the anti-siphon (picture) and I noticed I have no supply coming in. i'm searching for a valve that may have been turned off inadvertently.

Any idea what feeds that? Most of those are basically backflow preventers I'm not familiar with that one. If possible shut water off to house or that line and open it up. May have deteriorated and is stopped right there. The metallic watts style irrigation ones can rust the spring amd it seals them off at that point maybe this one too. Yours looks plastic or is it metal

Jimmy - thanks for the reply. the feed is coming up vertically into that anti-syphon (that's what my pool guy calls it). there is a valve right before the syphon and right after. both are wide open. I will dig down and see if there is any interruption in the feed coming up. I 'think' the feed comes directly from the house (all underground) to the bottom of the syphon device. no issues in the house with water supply.

Take a better pic of it. Close the first lower valve and open up the head they usually screw on a cap theres a plunger and spring in there. Doeant take much corrosion or debris to block the little passage water flows thru

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.