Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Hi everyone, I'm back.... I'm putting the pool up again next week..... Samson is 9years old now and can swim like a fish and its a super hot summer so I ordered a new cartridge filter as the old one cracked..... When it arrives we set up again.....I don't have to LEVEL anything.... So pleased.... I will post pics... I have a brand new liner and pulled all the pool parts out this morning... Starting to get excited.....

Hi everyone, I'm back.... I'm putting the pool up again next week..... Samson is 9years old now and can swim like a fish and its a super hot summer so I ordered a new cartridge filter as the old one cracked..... When it arrives we set up again.....I don't have to LEVEL anything.... So pleased.... I will post pics... I have a brand new liner and pulled all the pool parts out this morning... Starting to get excited.....
Where have you been??? I'm glad you are back!

I've just read your whole thread. We're in Brisbane waiting on our dig, which probably won't be until early Feb, so I really relate to having everything sorted just in time for winter. Currently living vicariously through those with functioning pools. It's been so hot here. Fingers crossed you have a successful summer and Samson gets lots of swimming in.

HEY!! SO glad to see you are setting it back up AND don't have to do the leveling work again! SWEET!

9??? How did that happen??? Was he able to help this year? He should be about big enough to at least carry stuff for you.

Kim:kim:

Just read your initial thread.....wow! You are one industrious woman!! I'm very impressed (slightly jealous) of your skills.

So glad Sammy is swimming like a fish. How is he doing in the "outside" world stuff? Is he talking more and playing with others more?

I look forward to reading more from you and your pool projects.

Maddie :flower:

Hi everyone, thank you for the warm welcome..... I wish i could say it was a breeze setting everything up, but I've got a new cartridge filter and NONE of my hoses fit... I'm so frustrated and hot, I'm calling in a pool plumber, I'm not going to deal with it anymore..... I couldn't get it to seal properly last time with the old filter, so I'm calling in a professional.... Why 40mm hose is so different everywhere you go is so annoying.... Some measure the outside of the hose, some use the inside measurement.... So over it....

Hi Kimkats... :) Merry Christmas everyone....

I've woke today with resolve.... I can do this... I've done all the plumbing each time I've set this thing up... So its not going to beat me... I called a plumber this morning, and he was amazing... He told me what I need to do, and where I need to go to get the stuff I need.... I've taken photos of everything so I can give them a better idea so they can come up with a solution.....

Gonna have this baby running by tonight... :) We've got a much cooler day today, so I can throw the house open and get stuff done.....

Feeling determined..... <3

- - - Updated - - -

What has happened to all my photos..... What's going on photo bucket?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What's going on photo bucket
?
No longer works. They charge for that service now.

There are still some free ones, for now. Or, better yet, become a TFP supporter!

Take care.

She is a TFP lifetime supporter. I will talk to our IT guy and see if he can do anything with the old pics.

Lacey that is why I like you so much! You are a never give up and get it done type of person! You go girl!!

Kim:kim:

Hey everyone...

Its been a most productive day... :) Big shout out to Reece Irrigation.... They were the guys that built my solution and told me how to put it all together.... No wonder my last cartridge filter didn't work properly.... Silicone is not the thing to use when sealing anything.... This time I took a professional approach....

I bought 4 of the same connection.... I bought 40 mm hose tails and bushes... These enabled me to go from 38mm spa hose to a 40mm cartridge filter connection. Bought some PVC primer and PVC cement.... I primed and glued everything together correctly and its now setting out to cure for 24 hours.... I've completed all the hose connections, and I don't think a professional could have done a better job..... Everything is plug and play now.... :) I just need one more rubber O ring for the connection to the pump....

The 38 mm spa hose, still connects to my pool via the plunger valves and hose clamps.... Tomorrow is the day I connect the thru the wall skimmer and cut the hole for it.....

I cannot tell you how much confidence its given me to be able to do this without having to worry about silicone and leaks.... I prepped everything and followed instructions to the letter.... Fingers crossed it is enough....

- - - Updated - - -

?
No longer works. They charge for that service now.

There are still some free ones, for now. Or, better yet, become a TFP supporter!

Take care.

I'm a lifetime supporter.....

- - - Updated - - -

I'll download the app and post pics that way....

Lacey, Our IT guy says photobucket got wise to what he was doing to save the pics and have plugged that loop hole :( You can store the pics here and re add your pics when you have time. I am sorry photobucket got so greedy :(

Hi everyone.... Reece Plumbing are the best..... I'm just waiting for the PVC cement to cure and I'll be swimming... Its a little cooler here today, only getting to a top of 27 degrees Celsius.... So warm but not screaming hot.... I'll post pics when its all up and running....

w3Tz3JB6SpmaVD%OQdp3Pg.jpg

Until then, Merry Christmas... <3

Hi everyone.... Reece Plumbing are the best..... I'm just waiting for the PVC cement to cure and I'll be swimming... Its a little cooler here today, only getting to a top of 27 degrees Celsius.... So warm but not screaming hot.... I'll post pics when its all up and running....

View attachment 71595

Until then, Merry Christmas... <3
Merry Xmas! The tree looks great!

Dangit, so close... We've hooked everything up, we've put plumbers tape on every thread we have, we are about to cut a hole for the thru the wall skimmer, and we do a pump check... The O ring is good, the pump is sound but the bleeder valve cap is MISSING...... Hubby has just quickly made the mad dash to Reece Irrigation again to talk to Aaron and find a cap that will fit it.... He took the pump with him so there's no mistakes.... Starting to feel it now... I got a little nostalgic when I found my TF test kit... :) Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... Its been kept in a super dark, cool place so I should still be able to use the chemicals.. I'm going to replace it next summer..... Its nearly 16 months old, and they should last 18 months....

I cannot get a win today... The barrel unions that are attached to the cartridge filter are leaking... Not the new connections I've made, but the barrel unions that screw into the filter.....

My pump connections leak really badly too, so I guess I'm headed back to Reece Irrigation to get to the bottom of this... They're not small leaks either, they're quite bad... I don't understand why as I've made extra sure to make sure everything is tight.... Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Its only the barrel unions that are BRAND NEW and came with the filter, one side is perfect the other side leaks like a tap... :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.