Kreepy Krauly Problems

Feb 5, 2017
El Paso, TX
Recently, I've noticed that my automatic pool cleaner will work great for about the first hour or so when the pump is turned on, but any longer after that it stops moving.

There are three valves, one for the vacuum line, suction, and main drain. The main drain is completely closed, and the auction line partially open. However, adjusting the Valve settings after the kreepy krauly has stopped working has no effect on it.

We have a 2HP Whisperflo pump. Is this a pump problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens if you take the cleaner out or turn it off but do nothing else THEN put it back in (or turn it back on) after a little while?

Can you please fill out your signature? It would be very helpful to know you filter type as well as other info. like pool size and kind. You can go to settings (upper right of this page), edit signature (middle left).

Kim:kim:

As long as the pump has been running for a while, the problem continues. It pulsates but doesn't move.

But if I turn the pump off for a few hours, then start it back up the cleaner will work for a bit but doesn't move very fast.

As far as signature, I know very little about the pool. It's an in ground, free form plaster pool with about 16,000 gallons of water ( that's a very rough estimate). We are renting the house in the owners no nothing about the pool or equipment and the TX sun has bleached out what labels there were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That info-in ground, plaster, 16,000+/- gallons is a great start. What kind of filter? Take a share a pic of your equipment and we might be able to help with the ID.

You should also like the test kit your are using.

It sounds like your filter is getting full. Without knowing what kind of filter you have it is hard to really know. Do you know the last time the filter was cleaned?

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.