Kreepy Krauly 820- how often do filters need to be replaced?

Mar 19, 2016
Palm Springs CA
I posted this in the wrong forum the first time, so trying again.

My Kreepy Krauly 820 is about 14 months old and has started leaving a trail of dirt behind it along the treads path. The pool filters have just been cleaned so I don't think that is the issue. It still picks up a lot of dirt but it is not doing the amazing job of keeping my pool spotlessly clean that I am used to. I live in the desert so a lot of dust and dirt gets deposited on the bottom of my pool. Do the filters in these units need to be replaced this soon or is it something else that causing this? Thanks in advance for any advice.

The manual states the cartridge should be cleaned after each use. The fan may also need cleaning. If both items have been cleaned and you still have problems trailing dirt then it is probably time for a new cartridge.

As far as something else causing the problem, have you noticed an increase in the rate dirt accumulates in your pool?

http://www.swimtownpools.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/Prowler820-830EOM.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.