All done :-)

As a coastal Florida man, I'm jealous of how well that design is integrating your elevation changes.

Also, please tell me your dog's name is Spot. It has to be Spot.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Texas to call a dog with one giant spot like that anything other than Spot.

As a coastal Florida man, I'm jealous of how well that design is integrating your elevation changes.

Also, please tell me your dog's name is Spot. It has to be Spot.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Texas to call a dog with one giant spot like that anything other than Spot.
Thanks. Olive is a rescue dog, who came to us named Olive. We almost changed her name to Dot, but decided against it.

Reactions: Cena_sea
Decking forms are done. We changed the lower set of steps. Originally, the steps curved away from the pool shell, but that made the bottom step 17 feet wide. That was no bueno, so we changed those bottom steps to curve with, towards, the pool shell. Now the bottom step is 7 feet wide. Next we need some steel in the forms before we pour and the electrical for the step lights. Nice progress by the concrete crew considering the heat index is between 105 to 110.
0C0F62BE-8FFC-4D55-A699-EC3A3642C510.jpegB3D1DA0A-044C-489A-87DC-AD7B67E0CA6A.jpeg58CAA04E-8B5C-42C3-A2DE-C19E7262DCAF.jpeg4363CF7E-3A8C-41FE-98CC-62AC245B9F5F.jpeg1A5C34ED-013E-426A-B885-CD1815C1A9B1.jpegA8DAD421-5491-43C3-A902-81EB8460267A.jpeg71D5CC6F-9A5D-4C5D-B396-D626BBC477F6.jpegEB84FC39-8CE8-41AD-B906-7C92866ABE71.jpeg

We also had this guy pay us a visit today
042CDD87-D346-459E-ACE8-99EE037CD80B.jpeg

Well, the PM came by yesterday to do another pressure test before the decking pour. This was a good thing since he found two leaks in the spa. Plumbers were here all day, with jack hammers, finding and fixing the leaks. Here is the damage.
BD224541-79E5-4C21-8738-CE752C2AFC68.jpegF4CE52D0-DDE8-4F66-883B-102510514488.jpeg
We are glad this was discovered now, and not later, like during start-up.
The bad news is they were going to pour concrete on Thursday or Friday, this week. That will never happen now and the weather looks like rain for the next 10 days, starting Sunday. I suspect this will be at least a two week delay. Oh well, great things come for those who wait……or some BS like that.

While we say its good that it is good that this is caught now, and of course it is, it is too bad there were even leaks to begin with to have to rip out and find. But things happen and guess this is why they pressure test now, to make sure all the work is solid before wrapping it all up. I guess in the long run, a two week delay, especially compared to some of the builds here, will be a just a blip.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While we say its good that it is good that this is caught now, and of course it is, it is too bad there were even leaks to begin with to have to rip out and find. But things happen and guess this is why they pressure test now, to make sure all the work is solid before wrapping it all up. I guess in the long run, a two week delay, especially compared to some of the builds here, will be a just a blip.
So true, the plumbers think the tile guy stepped on the pipe, either getting into or out of the spa, when they were doing the rolled edge tile work. :unsure: My wife is not happy, but overall the build has been progressing smoothly with little to no issues. My neighbors swimming pool was completed a month ago, but her builder was taking a jack hammer to her water wall on Labor Day. They chased that leak for a full day and finally found it, after tearing up 1/2 her water wall, and about 1/4 of her deck. She will be unable to swim for awhile while they drain and repair her pool, at least they got to swim for about a month.

Last edited:
So the builder and the PM stopped by yesterday morning with the electrician’s. The electrical work was started and leak was actually not a leak. The plumber sealed one of the return lines, in the spa, with painters tap, but forgot to come back and cap it off. During the latest pressure test, the tape couldn’t hold and that was the leak. The builder apologized and said she would give us a discount on the concrete and travertine. The also said the concrete pour would be Friday. :party:
‘Here are some early pics
EC53F8AA-6DA7-43FC-BE6E-81063A4BF397.png64A20010-7C71-450A-A1C0-2AACC1681960.jpeg
The Gunite crew will fix the hole and spa bench after next weeks rain passes.

So the builder and the PM stopped by yesterday morning with the electrician’s. The electrical work was started and leak was actually not a leak. The plumber sealed one of the return lines, in the spa, with painters tap, but forgot to come back and cap it off. During the latest pressure test, the tape couldn’t hold and that was the leak. The builder apologized and said she would give us a discount on the concrete and travertine. The also said the concrete pour would be Friday. :party:
‘Here are some early pics
View attachment 371158View attachment 371160
The Gunite crew will fix the hole and spa bench after next weeks rain passes.
OMG, you have to be kidding me. I got nots in my stomach looking at your broken up wall. Good he is going to give you a discount, Dang straight! Good for you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.