Keeping inside of steps clean

CyclingCraig

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2010
Central, New Jersey
Hi All

Would like your opinion on something I did when putting my stairs in this weekend.

I have a 20 X 40 Rec In-Ground Vinyl. In the shallow end I have a set of drop in steps similar to these:
7216_3.jpg

In the back of the steps is a hole(and the bottom), into that hole we place two buckets (With lids) filled with stones into the steps to keep them weighted down. The buckets usually get pretty gross inside by the end of the season.

SOOO here is my question...

I buried 1/2 a puck of Tri-Chlor in each bucket in the rocks, then sealed them up. (The buckets have small holes drilled in them so air can escape). I was hoping this would hold back some of the algae and maybe keep in inside of my steps a little cleaner?

Do you think this will cause and problem with Hi chlorine inside the steps, problems for my liner in that area ??

Thanks
-Craig

I always add a little chlorine inside my step weights. Unless the holes are right against your liner I don't think you'll have a problem with it affecting your liner.

The pucks will definitely help the algae situation, for how long depends on how fast the pucks dissolve and how much exchange there is with the pool water. I don't think you'll even notice the rise in FC due to the pucks in the buckets. it'll disperse quickly once it's outside the bucket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.