Just refilled my pool and need help

THE TANK

Sep 21, 2019
Lemoore, CA
OK first time posting. I took forum advice and bought the tf-100 kit and just ran my first tests logged with app.

Fc-12.5
Ph-8.2
Ta- either 200 or 380
Ch-100
Cya-28
Now this is my first time testing so I'm a complete noob but need help to get pool back to blue. It's been 4d since filled and on first day I added 8 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine and 2d later chlorine read 0 so I added 4 more gallons and 32oz of dichlor and it brought the chlorine back up. Yesterday I added 4lbs of stabilizer I purchased from the pool store. Added through a sock in skimmer. Now today my kit came in so I was able to test. Water still has green tint, not blue at all. App is telling me to add 3 gallons of muriatic acid at 14.5%. Can I add that all at once? Should I even add that or am I going about everything all wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated 20190924_101842.jpg20190924_101834.jpg

Welcome to the forum!
Let your FC drop to below 10 ppm and retest your pH. Then use muriatic acid to lower it to 7.2. It will rise quickly until your TA drops.
With a new TA test you need to follow:
Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wiping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
Once you have dropped the pH maintain your FC at 12 ppm (your CYA is 30 ppm, round up). Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test when the water clears.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Hmm. That means your fill water has 0 CH. Odd for California. Does your water come from Hetch Hetchy?

You need to add 100 ppm worth of calcium soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Could be. I do not have a volume to help you out.
Please fill out your signature.

How did the 100 ppm CH get into the pool water now?

Put in the CH level of the pool water. You reported that as 100 ppm. How did that calcium get in your pool water if the fill water was zero?

Is this new plaster?

Put in the CH level of the pool water. You reported that as 100 ppm. How did that calcium get in your pool water if the fill water was zero?

Is this new plaster?
I didn't test properly first time so the 100 was wrong. I tested the tap water which landed at 0 reported here then went back and retested pool water and it came back as also 0. Sorry for the confusion. plaster is as old as the pool built in 2006. I drained pool because cya was super high.

OK -- the you need to add at least 200 ppm worth of CH. And have some CH around for make up do to splash out, any rain overflow. etc.

You will want to find a better source for calcium than a pool store. They will charge you many times more than you can get the product elsewhere. See Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool

I had no idea California could have water that soft.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.