Just received my new Taylor K-2006C - Please tell me how my pool looks.

Hello pooldv - So I just got home and retested my FC and CC. Again I increased the runtime quite a bit and turned the SWG from 80% to 100%. Yesterday the FC was 5.5 and CC was 0 where today the reading is FC 6.5 and CC 0. Do you think I should dial the SWG back to 80% now that I am running it for 12 hours now?

Hello Jason,

Okay I tested the FC and CC again today. I am now at FC 7.5 / CC 0. With the longer runtime and having the SWG at 100% for the past 3 days my PPM has increased 1PPM per day. Should I bring the percentage down on the SWG or keep it at 100% for a longer duration?

Thank you,

EricO

That's great to hear. CYA level was assumed earlier from a chemical addition, but assuming it's 70 PPM CYA, if it were me... as long as I was getting better than adequate skimming and filtration, I'd dial back pumping time to reduce pumping cost, or I might do a bit of both. Either dialing back SWC % or reducing run time would provide less daily FC replenishment. It will also be interesting to see what happens when you get some bather load. I use 70 PPM CYA and leave the settings alone as long as I stay between 4 and 8 PPM FC during swimming season.

Thanks guys - we are having a pool party with ~20 people tomorrow so I will keep it as is for one more day and measure it tomorrow once everyone has left. CYA was 60 a few days ago. I added conditioner and will retest early next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are ready for our pool party in a few hours.

I just tested everything except for CYA this morning and the results looked good to me. CYA was not tested as conditioner was just applied a few days ago as it was a little low at 60PPM.

Today's test results:

FC - 8 (Still on the rise with the SWG at 100%, I guess that is a good thing but will probably turn it back to 80% and retest this evening after the party).
CC - 0
pH - 8 maybe higher, 1 drop brought it down to 7.6. According to Pool Math 3.8 cups acid will do the trick, already applied.
TA - 110
CH - 230
CYA - Did not test this time.

But how does it look? Crystal clear sparkly water is what gets the oohs and ahhs!

I always make a point of brushing before a bunch of people are going to be using the pool. It's amazing how much dust clings to the walls to get brushed off by swimmers. Better you do it and have it filtered out before they hit the water.

And turn on the heater to about 82F now. It's not going to be as hot today as it's been the past few days.

I think we are ready for our pool party in a few hours.

I just tested everything except for CYA this morning and the results looked good to me. CYA was not tested as conditioner was just applied a few days ago as it was a little low at 60PPM.

Today's test results:

FC - 8 (Still on the rise with the SWG at 100%, I guess that is a good thing but will probably turn it back to 80% and retest this evening after the party).
CC - 0
pH - 8 maybe higher, 1 drop brought it down to 7.6. According to Pool Math 3.8 cups acid will do the trick, already applied.
TA - 110
CH - 230
CYA - Did not test this time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Richard. Pool has always looked crystal clear. I brushed it a few days ago but will do it again now per your suggestion. Pool is 78 degrees. We were in it yesterday and it felt just fine. As for heating it I will probably not as we heated it a few weeks back for 9 hours to get it from 70 to 78 for a party and the bill just came in and that 9 hours cost us $50.00. I'm not going to spend that much to heat it up more for a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds, lol. The hot tub will be set at 95 so they can go in there. Still have to pay for this pool so I can't heat and feed them each time, I'll be broke.

Okay Richard my wife made me turn on the heater :). Why is it sprinkling in June. It hardly ever rains in SoCal.

Oh yeah I brushed the pool this morning. It's pebble so I did not notice anything but I am good to go, thanks.

Pool party over. SWG pretty much off today as everyone was using the hot tub. I just checked my FC and CC and I did not lose much.

FC - 7.5
CC - 0

Heated the pool for a few hours today but only went up one degree. Pool was fine we all had a great time.

Okay so I have been running my pump for the last 5 or so days at 12 hours a day now to make more FC and had the SWG from 80% to 100% those days. The FC kept increasing each day by about 1PPM when I had it set to 100%. Yesterdays pool party which lasted all day and did not have the SWG on as we had the hot tub on all day and the SWG is off during that time, at the end of the day we lost .5 FC which I do not think was bad.

This morning I kept the runtime the same but put the SWG back to 80%, no one was in the pool today and here are my results:

FC - 7 (.5 less than yesterday with no one using the pool and SWG dialed back to 80%)
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 100
CH - 220
CYA - 70 (added conditioner last week to get it from 60 to 70 - Pool Math did the trick).

We will be using the pool again tomorrow so I will test FC again tomorrow evening. Hopefully the FC stays about the same.

Yeah there was no cancelling our party, food, drinks, BBQ ready no going back. There was no sun as you said and it did start to rain lightly off and on. The kids did not seem to care. Pool was 78 and hot tub was 98. Everyone in the pool (including me) did not complain about it being to cold.

We had a great time.

You actually had people in the water? Amazing. This afternoon was the first time I saw sun all weekend. The fog was so thick yesterday when we were in Glendora that we had to use the wipers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.