Just got my TFP test kit and tested my water.

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
FC: 2
CC: 0.5
TC: 2.5
PH: 7.2
T/A: 100
CH: 630
CYA: 80

So I added 260oz of 6% bleach to get it towards the high end of the best guess chart.

I'll check tomorrow to see how it holds. However with the trees over my pool I always have to fight the FC due to organic matter in the pool.

Quick sanity check though:

In the instructions under Daily testing step 2 it says to add R-0003 (DPD) to test for chlorine. My kit came with R-0600 OTO for this. I think this is a typo as adding only R-0003 to the chlorine vial did not do anything.

dave

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
HD,

Oops and double oops!! Not only was that stupid of me, but I even know (now) how I did it. My apologies.

I'm gonna' make a seperate post letting all the kit owners know and I have corrected the text for all future kits.

Thanks for being sharp-eyed.

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
Thanks for that, at first I thought that my wife read it incorrectly, silly me thinking that :roll:

I did a partial drain last night, appears to be ~2000 gallons, unintentionally when the hose came off my 3/4hp booster pump. At least I should see my CH go down after the refill. . .

The neighbors now have a very wet backyard.

new2pools

May 30, 2007
Hampton Roads/Virginia
I noticed that last night while I was reading over my kit. I read this thread earlier and figured it was a typo. :wink:

Can't wait to get out and do some testing! Supposed to rain all day here though. :(