Just getting started

Nov 8, 2014
Cental Florida
Ive been following the forums for a while, got a TF-100. You know the drill

My pool is decently clear, ive used pucks for a while, but now i use cal hypo for about 6 months and it works great. My Pump leaks but were fixing that. The jets seem to run a little slow and the pool dosent look all that blue

My numbers
Ph-8.0
Chlorine-6
TA-100
CH-250
CYA-25

i have essentially no pool supplies besides my Powder Power Plus, Phosfree(dont use often) some 1 inch Trichlor pucks, and some Baking soda

Welcome to TFP!

You know pucks are bad and using cal hypo for an extended time can drive up Ch.

That being said, your Ph is high and needs to be brought down. Your reduced flow from jets points to your filter/cartridge needing to be cleaned. Once that is done, you should confirm that your pool can pass OCLT.

Welcome to tfp. You're off to a good start with that tf-100 test kit. We normally post fc/cc results. No need to ever use phosfree if you keep your FC at an appropriate level. You might reconsider using calhypo for chlorine. There are detrimental factors for all forms of solid chlorine --calhypo adds calcium hardness which need to be controlled if excessive. You should think about using liquid Chlorine i.e. regular chlorine bleach is often the most cost effective. Also, you may want to increase you cya to 30-50. Your pH is a little high.

It is not our mantra or belief that pucks are bad. Sometimes, we suggest their use in certain circumstances. One example would be using them in your pool while on holiday.

As with everything we teach here, the most important element is understanding what we put in our pools, why, and what the outcomes of those additions are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.