Just confused........

You can swim in water with FC up to slam level, so don’t worry about your liner.

How did you get 55 CYA? That’s not a result you can get from the Taylor reagents. What test did you use? If it’s the Taylor one you round up to 60.

You can swim in water with FC up to slam level, so don’t worry about your liner.

How did you get 55 CYA? That’s not a result you can get from the Taylor reagents. What test did you use? If it’s the Taylor one you round up to 60.
I use the Taylor but I also have a Color Q pro that will get more of a exact number on the CYA.

Always see if the Taylor agrees. My understanding is that the ColorQ has a rather wide margin of error on some of the tests.

Yea I do. I use both of them. Taylor first but I always think the Taylor test is to subjective. So I use the Color Q afterwards and it's always really close to the Taylor but gives a exact number to go off.

So long as they’re close then I see no harm in it. :) I’d just hate for the ColorQ to be off and necessitate a drain because you ended up with too much CYA!

Always see if the Taylor agrees. My understanding is that the ColorQ has a rather wide margin of error on some of the tests.

I have a colorQ the only test I am confident in is PH. I can do a series of tests 3 times in a row and get different results each time. Could be my reagents, I don’t know. I quit using it a long time ago and haven’t touched it in a few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.