jsandoval316

Jul 8, 2012
What's up swimming poolers! I am a former Baquacil user and just started the conversion process, or should I say am at the end of the process. I just came across this site and am very excited because I don't ever want to battle my pool again. It was a losing battle until I went to good old-fashion chlorine. I need help and have a question. I have killed all the algae,(major shocking) the Baquacil levels are almost completely gone and I added stabilizer yesterday morning and added stabilized chlorinator this morning. The water is clear enough that I can see down to the floor, but not all across the pool. Still cloudy, but improving everyday. I am going to take my first reading. Do I need to wait until the chlorine I just added mixes in more or what? It was 2 hours ago when added. I only have the basic Chlorine/ ph test kit. I do plan on getting another one, but am a little gun shy about spending alot on a test kit after throwing away money on so much baquacil.

Thanks in advance 24' round AGP 13.5k gallons - 1hp waterway Hi Flo pump - 150 lb sand filter Baracuda Zodiac 1500 cleaner

Welcome to TFP!

You should wait half an hour with the pump running after adding liquid chemicals, and hour for most powdered/granular chemicals (though there are a few exceptions). Since it has already been two hours, as long as the pump was running, you are fine to test the water.

A top quality test kit will save you a great deal of money over time. Without knowing what the various chemical levels actually are, treating the pool is full of guess work and errors invariably follow, creating additional expenses.

From Baquacil to Chlorine

Thanks for quick reply. Just took reading. Ph is 7.4 and Chlorine is 1.5 - 2 range. I knew you would say that about test kit. I will go to Leslie's today or how soon does TF pool kit arrive. I saw same day delivery if done by 2pm. Is that true? What next on the pool?

Welcome :wave:

Get the kit you will not be disappointed! I got mine in a week cant vouch for next day as I just did standard delivery and used the basic Walmart kit till my TF-100 arrived. The kits are well worth it and of great quality and customer service is impeccable.

You might raise FC a little more. Depending on what your CYA level is, that is likely to be slightly low. Other than that, and getting more test results, just the usual: keep an eye on the filter pressure to see if the filter needs to be backwashed/cleaned, brush the pool once a week, things like that.