Jet flow rate adjustment note quite right

Jun 26, 2013
Hey there,

Wondering if someone can shed some light on this issue.

Not sure which is which but I have a spill over hot tub/spa (the one that is built into a pool) where the water flow coming out of the jets are kind of weak'ish. But the main "escape" valve is very strong. Is there any way of adjusting the flow so that there is more power to the jets?

My spa/hot tub is surounded by stone so I can't really get access to the underside.

Make sure filter is clean. It appears (if I understand you correctly) that the jets are on the filtered line and the overflow is the non-filtered (black pump). This is the opposite of most pool/ spa overflow systems that I have seen.
The jets are individually adjustable at the jet by turning them. They often get stuck over time so may need a little umpf. The jet on the steps is not adjustable. I am pretty sure they make an adjustable nozzle for that jet. I suspect it is the overflow feature jet. Is that what you referred to as the "escape valve"?
By fountain, do you mean the overflow feature or something not related to the spa?
The knobs on the top edge are air controls and will make the jets feel stronger when opened but also aerate and raise ph so keep them closed when not in use.
It appears that you have a jandy check valve on a return line (black with clear cap). Check that this is opening properly.
Check the jandy valve on the return line (by the wall) and verify that it is opening completely.

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm pretty sure I understand the controls and valves of the spa.

Everything seems to work properly with regards to the filters, pumps. The jandy check valve is for the autofill. This all seems to be working properly.

The knobs on the top just allow for air to get sucked in and causes the bubble effect. It doesn't really do anything with regards to the pressure. The issue is the pressure to the "escape valve" vs the jets. Like I said the flow coming out of the jets seem too weak compared to what is coming out of the "escape valve"

So I guess my answer is that there isn't a control/flow valve that can be adjusted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.