Jandy/Zodiac Pump not working after replacing Salt Cell and Sensor

Feb 10, 2016
Mandeville, LA
I replaced the the PLC1400 along with the sensor and after plugging the new cables in, the Board that shows the Saline Level, the sensor board and the pump are not working.

It is all brand new. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

Are you talking about the LCD panel for the SWG? Is yours integrated with Aqualink or has its own power center? Is the breaker turned back on? Have you called Jandy tech support?

Joe

Well logic says that it was working before you replaced the cell, and since it is now not working, it should be something that you did...

Since the pump has nothing to do with the salt cell, it has to be something common between the two. A shut off or popped breaker powering your equipment pad, as PoolGate suggests is the first place to start. If you did not shut off the power when you replaced the cell, you could have blown a fuse or circuit breaker in your control center.

Unfortunately, we are not very good Psychics, and it is hard for us to know what equipment you actually have...

If this were my system, I would be looking first at why the pump does not run..

Do you have a single speed pump, 2-speed pump, or a VS pump? What system controls the pump? Timer? Automation?

The more you tell us the more likely that someone here knows the answer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Since it worked before, the old SWG might have been wired to be powered on when the pump is on. Since to replaced it, you might have disconnected the pump wires and not connect them back up. I would recommend checking your wiring. If you don't have a electrical knowledge, you should get someone that does to look at it. They will have the proper equipment to check if power is going where it should be going.

I replaced the the PLC1400 along with the sensor and after plugging the new cables in, the Board that shows the Saline Level, the sensor board and the pump are not working.

It is all brand new. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

Joe,

It would help a lot if you could list the model numbers of the related equipment like the pump controller (RS 8?) and show photos of the wiring inside the box where you wired the cell. Without that all our experts can do is guess for you.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.