Jandy/Zodiac LXi Insulation Patch

davidmelda

Apr 6, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
My Jandy/Zodiac LXi heater stopped working. When I inspected it, I noticed that the area around the View Port had corroded (see picture), and the View Port fell out leaving a hole. Flames must have exited the hole and burned the Air Pressure switch tubing. Is there anyway to patch the hole? Can I purchase the insulation from somewhere and put a metal backing?
Thanks!

Attachments

• View Port Location.jpg
    View Port Location.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Corroded Area and Missing ViewPort.JPG
    Corroded Area and Missing ViewPort.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 8
How old is the heater? You'd have to get that part Jandy usually has exploded views to see what you need. As far as patching what you have with that level of corrosion I'd be concerned for safety. Can you weld?

How old is the heater? You'd have to get that part Jandy usually has exploded views to see what you need. As far as patching what you have with that level of corrosion I'd be concerned for safety. Can you weld?
The heater is 8 years old. Strangely, the Side panels of the combustion chamber don’t have part call outs in the exploded view in the manual. I’m pretty handy, but unfortunately I can’t weld. The corrosion seems limited to just this one area for some reason. Everything else on the heater is working perfectly. I don’t have any experience with pool heaters, is the challenge to patching just containing the heat, or is there a pressure issue also? Thx.

I have no experience repairing something like this. It is very high temp being right next to the flame though so I suspect would need new metal. Heaters can last much longer but gas heaters do fail at your age for issues like this. A new heater may be in your future.

Try calling Inyo pools (mention this site) they have fantastic customer service and if a replacement part is available, they will get it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.