Jandy VSP Freeze Protection

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
I upgraded to a Jandy VSFHP185DA2A recently with the iQPUMP01 pump interface and the iAquaLink app. I've been through the settings and documentation and can't find any references to freeze protection. The iAquaLink app has a setting for a freeze run time (I forget what it was called exactly), but it's not clear how this mode gets activated. I checked on the system when it was around 35°F and it was not running. Do you have to step up to a different controller to get this feature? I had this functionality with my single-speed pump and would like to get it back if possible.

I've closed the pool this year in anticipation of a new liner so it's not currently an issue. Worst case I can set up a 24-hour schedule for winter mode.

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
The only reference to this feature I can find anywhere is in the AquaLink RS control system. That would really be overkill on my simple system.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Here is a prior thread on the topic. The best advice is to call Jandy Support. If you figure it out please let us know.

Reactions: C3Cl3N3O3

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Here is a prior thread on the topic. The best advice is to call Jandy Support. If you figure it out please let us know.

Interesting, there is a secret there. Apparently you have to be in ad-hoc Wi-Fi mode to unlock those global pump settings. I presume this is a security mechanism. It would be nice if they greyed those settings out instead of totally hiding them. So far my review of this iAquaLink app is that it is "Not There Ware". (n) I guess the time zone is in there too, I was wondering how the **** to set that.

This was in the iQPump01 quick start guide but I missed it.

Thanks!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I am glad there was an Easter egg for you in that thread. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.