Jandy Valve Stuck Open

awstevens

Bronze Supporter
Aug 18, 2016
MA
The valve I use to close one of the skimmers when vacuuming the pool seems to be stuck in the open position. The twist lock on top is loose but I can't get the handle to budge at all. The other skimmer and main drain valves are working normally. It worked fine when I vacuumed the pool last week.

It's a Jandy neverlube valve. Any ideas?

EDIT - Here's a pic of the plumbing. It's the second valve from the right.

frzzLrW.png

There might be something stuck in the valve. You're probably going to have to open it up to check it out.

Also, the pump lid is on backwards. It should say front on the lid.

There might be something stuck in the valve. You're probably going to have to open it up to check it out.

Also, the pump lid is on backwards. It should say front on the lid.

Thanks. Is there any trick to opening it up or just shut the pump off and unscrew those screws?

Thanks for the tip on the lid. It's on the correct way now. This pic was taken awhile ago.

Probably doesn't need new O-rings, but it can't hurt.

Just turn off the pump and remove the screws. Use the handle to pull up. Snug up the thumb screw before using the handle to pull up.

Mark the lid with a marker to make sure that you reinstall it the same way.

When reinstalling the screws, rotate the screw backward slowly until it drops in the same threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.