Jandy Valve problem

tagprod

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
Tomball, Texas
The valve that turns when I go from pool to spa work ok when I'm in pool mode, but when I switch to spa it just turns in circles. I had the builder out yesterday and he told me there was water in the valve. How does that happen? Was I negligent or is this just something that's going to happen over time.

I'm assuming you are speaking of the automatic turning jandy valves? I believe there are three small orings that will wear out over time. The replacements come together and are relatively easy to replace. However, there could also be a problem with the cam that stops the rotation in one direction. I'll check the Jandy service manuals just to be sure.

Yes, you should absolutely get more than two years from an actuator. However you do need to perform routine maintenance. The problem might be as simple as a cam stop that fell out, even replacing the O-rings is fairly trivial. Most likely you just need some minor maintenance along those lines.

My actuator has lasted five years, with maintenance (lubrication) about every other year. the owner's manual says to do it every year, but.... My actuator turns sometimes several times a day because it is used for the solar heater. It sounds to me like your has premature wear or an o-ring that gave out early.

Re: Actuator manual

ChrisL said:
Sorry it took so long, but here is a link to Hayward's page that has the owner's manual for a Goldline acuator. The maintenance is near the bottom, but there are descriptions of the cam and stuff if you want to try to troublshoot and repair the actuator yourself. http://haywardpool.net/inground/product ... D=128#five
Chris

you da man Chris! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.