Jandy Valve Positioning

Cheaper to use a 2 way diverter then a 3 way diverter valve.

The current valve placement does not let you turn off the skimmer and get all suction from the side. The side suction for a cleaner attachment?

I thought I was supposed to be able to shut off 1 side to attach the vacuum -- so if I shut off the side suction - then attach the vacuum to the Skimmer - my suction theoretically will be much stronger.

I guess I'd only need to shut off the one side that the side suction is on.

So perhaps this was the piece they had handy when they installed it [previous home owner] and used it even though only needed a 2 way.

Get yourself a robot pool cleaner and you don't have to deal with the vacuuming stuff. Even when a pool vaccuum works well it is a hassle and not as good as a robot cleaner.

I do have a Dolphin Robot -- but I also have a vacuum -- and yes, it is a pain in the rear and thus I only used it once when I had a fiend here who did it for me.
I have a ton of gunk on the bottom from a damaged cover I had to replace late in the Fall -- figured might as well use it.

Northern NJ? We might be neighbors! Want to drop by and help me out? :laughblue:

I would be suprised if your vacuum can pickup gunk better then your robot cleaner. I don't like gunk flowing though my pump and clogging up my filter.

I am North of the GWB.

Bt if I vacuum to waste -- which is what I was told to do - then it never goes into the filter. That is my impression.

True, the gunk still goes through your pipe and pump. I don’t know what is in your gunk. Every year we get a bunch of folks with clogged pipes and pumps from vacuuming.

And I hate losing a lot of water that I then need to pay to fill and add stabilizer and salt I lost.

As you can see I am not a fan of pool vacuums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.