Jandy Trueclear???

rockb

Sep 26, 2015
FL
Looks like the pool company will be here in a couple weeks to replaster.

My wife wants to go Saltwater and we were at Pinch A penny yesterday choosing the plaster color and they were pushing the Jandy TrueClear SWG. I searched here and did not find much information on them. Price is right at $1K installed. Previously I was thinking of going with the Hayward that was about the same price if I installed it myself. Pool guy said "But the Jandy will come with a warranty". Will the Hayward not have a warranty if I install it myself? Seems like a pretty simple install to me.

Warranty terms seem to be all over the place for each manufacturer. I just looked up the warranty on Hayward's website and it states a 3 year warranty for the AquaRite units with no mention of needing a certified installer to get this warranty.

Whatever system you get make sure you know the warranty terms and if a certified installer is required to receive that warranty.

Plus Jandy isn't known for their reliability with salt generators.
Not too sure about this as we have seen very few issues since they switched to their new tri-sensor design.

As for the reliability of the Trueclear SWG all I can say is that I haven't seen any issues with that design either, but that is a fairly new design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.