Jandy transformer voltages seem odd

Budso

Jul 21, 2014
Sacramento
My Jandy Aqualink RS control board does not power up, i.e. no visible lights and no command functions. I reset the board, tripped the breakers to let the system rest, removed and replaced the lithium coin battery, all to no avail. I checked the secondary on the center-tapped transformer and the two hot wires (yellow) together read around 25vac as expected. But when I test each leg separately, one leg shows 11vac while the other leg shows 14vac which of course equals the total voltage.

Before I send this board out for repair, does this unequal voltage seem suspect? Thanks to all.

Bud

Bud,

In the past 55 years of working on this stuff, I have seen less than 5 bad power transformers. And... everyone of them was installed wrong and blew up when initially powered on. About the only way to hurt one of them is to connect a 120 volt transformer to 240 volts...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.