Jandy SmartJVA...Does anyone have It working????

May 12, 2016
Casselberry, FL
I recently installed a Jandy SmartJVA control board but haven't been able to get it working right. I've searched the forums a fair amount and haven't found any posts of anyone actually succeeding in making it work as intended.

I'm able to assign the SmartJVA to an Aux, then I select calibrate and it begins calibration. However during calibration the valve only turns from it's current orientation to the opposite - So if it is closed it turns to open - then completes calibration and stays there. I would expect calibration to cause it to make a full cycle - Closed - Open - Closed. But it does not.

IF it has ended in the closed position I am able to incrementally ramp up the flow as intended however if I try to decrease the flow it will not close the valve.

Equipment:

iAqualink Rev T
OneTouch Controller
Jandy SmartJVA control Board
Pentair/Compool Valve Actuator - Actuator Stops are set to only allow it to rotate 90 Degrees, NOT a full 180.

Any Idea guys???

I responded to your PM but I see you also have it set to go only 90. I think you need to allow it the full sweep in order to properly calibrate it. I would crack open the valve actuator and set it to max open and close stops. Then try calibration again. Might have something to do with you are not using the Jandy JVA. If it still gives you trouble after trying the stops, pick up a Jandy JVA (they are fairly cheap) and try with that. You can always return it if it doesn't fix the issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.