Jandy & pressure relief valve

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
We got the Jandy JXI heater and now reading the install instructions ( I know...crazy right!!!???)
The kit is $135 CDN! Its a 75 PSI valve with an elbow and a couple reducers. The problem is the local hardware store only carry valves for residential hot water tanks which have the long white sensor sticking out of it. Any recommendations on finding a valve or not using one at all? I suppose if my check valve got stuck or something that would cause a pressure problem. As far as local codes go, When I spoke with the inspector he did not mention this.

This is what the manual says on it.
A pressure relief valve (PRV) is recommended in all installations, and is mandatory in any installation in which the water fl ow can be restricted between the heater outlet and the pool/spa. A pressure relief valve may also be required by local codes. Be sure to check any applicable installation codes in your area to determine whether a pressure relief valve is required. A pressure relief valve is not supplied with the JXi heater. However, Jandy does offer a PRV Kit # R0336101. The following instructions are for use with this kit only. All other equipment installations need to be in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. The maximum working pressure of this heater is 50 psi. Be sure to take into consideration the maximum allowable pressure of the other components in the system when installing a PRV. Any pressure relief valve installed must comply with provisions of the standard described in ANSI® Z21.22 for the United Sates or CSA 4.4 in Canada.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.