Jandy lite2 won't fire up. Block siphon tube?

Andrew Sarchus

Apr 11, 2011
Seattle
I figured out that if I jumped the presure switch the heater would come on so I ordered a new switch. The new switch also doesn't close the circuit. So I pointed the siphon tube in a direction I didn't mind getting wet and turned on my pump with the switch off and nothing came out. :(

I haven't changed anything since I winterized it. I'm assuming the tube is blocked with a bit of dirt or rust or something. I stuffed about 18 inches of weedeater filament into the tube but it couldn't get it to go the last 6 inches, think that is because of a tight bend, but it could be the blockage. Either way I didn't get any water to come out.

I have to go buy a special wrench to remove the other end of the tube without tearing the heater apart and try to clear it. Anything else I should try or buy?

We're having a pool party next Friday so i need to have it running by Wednesday night.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
With all the twists and turns in that tube it's no winder you couldn't get the trimmer line through it. I think you have a good plan. Take the tube loose and see if it's blocked. Then go from there.