Jandy Laars 400LX heater with Service AGS that goes away when circuit breaker reset

Silver_2000

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 29, 2015
Carrollton tx
Hi Guys

I've searched here and elsewhere for the answers and they are all over the place.
In my case I have a service AGS error on the heater Display, the Spa heat is set to come on every day at 8 pm to warm the spa for my GF

It seems to come on for a short time then the error. If I reset the circuit breaker the heater kicks on and stays on for the rest of the e.vening.

I run the VS pump for the spa at about 1700 rpm since it only does filtering and heat, and spa boost is a separate pump.

I cleaned the skimmers and the pump baskets a few days ago, just now I bumped the RPM up so that the pressure issue isn't due to low RPM.

I see one user here fixed the issue by replacing a pressure switch ... Anyone know what the part # is ?

Any other Ideas ?
Heater seemed to work fine for 18 months till now

No idea how old the heater is ...

Pool is 2005 ish vintage

Silver_2000

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 29, 2015
Carrollton tx
Well I called Jandy and they told me they couldn't help due to liability.
i called a few of their recommended local service people and wasn't sure they knew more about my "really old heater" Than i did

so then I decided for Fiancee maintenance purposes to try a few of the common repair steps I had read hear and other places.
one was to clean soot off the flame detector pin... did that
one was to check the orifices for spiders ..., that's where things went left ....

here is bad bad pdf of the burner R0327705 Jandy Laars Burner Tray Weldment LX400
the burner elements (#15) are not held in with anything, so when I unbolted the manifold and pulled it back, half of the burner elements slid out and fell off the little catch they slide into ....
argh... I was able to eventually figure out how to thread the slot at the end of each back in... but it was like threading a needle with a piece of thread that is 18 inches long and holding it from the end...
and there were no spiders in the jets ...

so so I eventually reassembled the burner, turned the gas back on and miraculously it worked yesterday .... many times ...in a row ...

i never was able to locate the water pressure switch ... and jandy support was unwilling to help me find it ... no offer of a drawing, they just stated that it was a liability issue to provide the PDF to a end user.

so be careful with your lx400 burners .... :)

ps0303

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jul 6, 2011
FL
Did they fall out because the tray is damaged from rusting? That is the usual reason why the burners would fall out like that. If the tray is in god shape, the burners do not fall out and you can pretty much turn it upside down and they stay in place.

Silver_2000

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 29, 2015
Carrollton tx
No sorry I was unclear

they fell when I pulled back the manifold so I could check the jets for spiders and debris
On this design they simply slide in to a slot at the far end and are held by the manifold

So when a pulled the manifold it pulled some of them from their slots and they fell...