Jandy HP Plus pump - adapter for cyclone blower

Aug 1, 2017
Sewell/NJ
Hi All,
I am looking to buy or make a lid/locking ring that has an adapter/connector for a cyclone blower. Our pool builder had one when they closed our pool and they basically put this lid that has pvc connector on the clear glass which he can connect directly to his cyclone blower. I have been looking on amazon and all over the web but no one seems to sell this. So i am assuming that this is home made. If anyone has any ideas where i can buy one or how to make one that would help a lot. I already paid them to close my pools and nothing they did was anything special that i could not have done myself. This is mostly for next year. See attached picPool.png

Thank you,
LD

Last edited:
i finally found this thread. This should help.

Hi All,
I am looking to buy or make a lid/locking ring that has an adapter/connector for a cyclone blower. Our pool builder had one when they closed our pool and they basically put this lid that has pvc connector on the clear glass which he can connect directly to his cyclone blower. I have been looking on amazon and all over the web but no one seems to sell this. So i am assuming that this is home made. If anyone has any ideas where i can buy one or how to make one that would help a lot. I already paid them to close my pools and nothing they did was anything special that i could not have done myself. This is mostly for next year. See attached picView attachment 119049

Thank you,
LD

Hi dellov1,

I have a Jandy PHPM1.5 pump that uses same cover as yours. Just did the modified cover that you mention. Thanks to @Jwa19 & @Catanzaro.

Basically you need a new cover, drill using a 2 1/2” hole saw. Get your self a Hayward SP1023 and screw together onto lid. Very simple, looking forward to using my cyclone and this modified cover when closing pool next month.

See this thread for info also to help you with yours. Questions about pool closing

Picture of cover from @Jwa19

Attachments

• 05A1FC7F-F5DC-4028-A878-8F771632349A.jpeg
    05A1FC7F-F5DC-4028-A878-8F771632349A.jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 36
When closing pool returns, I use goggles, stick my head underwater and place flush against housing. A few turns and you are set. Do not over tighten them. If plugs are more than 2 seasons old and they do not seal with a few turns, back off and throw them out, including the nut. Towards the last return, the Cyclone has a lot of air volume, so you will need to be quick as well. I figured my break even was about 2 years, but the satisfaction and rewards are there after the first time.

Pool Web has really good prices and free shipping over $50. It is always good to have extra on hand and invest for the future.

https://www.poolweb.com/

Thanks guys, I’m using these that came with my pool. Probably going to be hard to screw last plug in while cyclone is going. Unless I restrict air via valve after all other 3 returns are closed and lines blowing for a minute. Usually I wouldn’t use Teflon tape but it won’t hurt. Do you guys use Teflon tape on this type of plug and Gizzmo as assurance? When they closed my pool last year they did for the first time.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Attachments

• CA96EB07-63B7-467A-B3FA-D0CEEF801964.jpeg
    CA96EB07-63B7-467A-B3FA-D0CEEF801964.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2
Thats what I used and yes I put teflon tape around them and the gizmos that's what they did when they closed my pool last year. As for the last return I used a remote plug that I plugged the cyclone into and then I could shut it on and off with the remote instead of having to return to the cyclone and shut it off. You could also use a wifi plug and control it from your phone too.

Thanks guys!
Thats what I used and yes I put teflon tape around them and the gizmos that's what they did when they closed my pool last year. As for the last return I used a remote plug that I plugged the cyclone into and then I could shut it on and off with the remote instead of having to return to the cyclone and shut it off. You could also use a wifi plug and control it from your phone too.

Great Idea!!! I’ll use one of my Alexa plugs. Good tip. Didn’t think of that. Thanks for the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dphanes:

It is really not that difficult to create your own cover. My thread will provide you with the parts needed. You just have to then cut the circle out. You literally could draw the circle and drill small holes all the way around it, and then pop it out, or use a small saw. It does not have to be 100% air-tight, because the Cyclone produces a lot of air volume.

Send any pictures of your equipment pad, and plumbing, from all angles. Maybe there are other ways to do this, that is clear the lines, without a modified cover, so you do not have to drive yourself nuts. I will figure something out for you.

It is not cost-prohibitive, or you could ship it to me, and I could cut out the hole, have it done, and then ship it back. The shipping would literally be over $30-$40 (Round Trip). Maybe you have some handy friends or neighbors. Maybe even some past enemies that can help out .. LOL

Last edited:
Dphanes:

It is really not that difficult to create your own cover. My thread will provide you with the parts needed. You just have to then cut the circle out. You literally could draw the circle and drill small holes all the way around it, and then pop it out, or use a small saw. It does not have to be 100% air-tight, because the Cyclone produces a lot of air volume.

Send any pictures of your equipment pad, and plumbing, from all angles. Maybe there are other ways to do this, that is clear the lines, without a modified cover, so you do not have to drive yourself nuts. I will figure something out for you.

It is not cost-prohibitive, or you could ship it to me, and I could cut out the hole, have it done, and then ship it back. The shipping would literally be over $30-$40 (Round Trip). Maybe you have some handy friends or neighbors. Maybe even some past enemies that can help out .. LOL
Appreciate the response.I wasn’t able to find the thread you are referring to, but will give it a go with a spare lid that I have. Drilling a bunch of holes and then popping it out sounds like the way to go.

Thenks

Search "Modified Cover" in the forum. Things have been moved around. You also can purchase a small hand saw. Once you get the saw in, after the holes, you can easily work with the plastic. Some other members have shown the actual tools needed as well. I gave mine to a friend and they did it at work, although the directions are pretty easy.

Search "Modified Cover" in the forum. Things have been moved around. You also can purchase a small hand saw. Once you get the saw in, after the holes, you can easily work with the plastic. Some other members have shown the actual tools needed as well. I gave mine to a friend and they did it at work, although the directions are pretty easy.
Back to an old topic… once you cut the whole what other parts are needed to finish it off so it can be connected to a cyclone. Making things like this is not my forte. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.