Jandy aquapure went from 172 185 186 to 170 error code

maggs

May 2, 2016
Freehold
We cleaned the cell and the buttons.... now has permanent error code 170 on the salt system. Jandy aquapure.
I have no electrical knowldge. The cell had a minor amount of build up in the top of it that took a lot to clean out.

I also have an error code on my pool heater hi upper limit... if possibly related?

I'm thinking that we just replace the whole salt system as every year it seems to need work. If we do what salt system would you reccomend for 40k gallons?

I was having troubles with my SWG and experienced a similar issue. It was solved by replacing the power cord that goes to the iAqualink cell. I have attached the service codes information for you.

Attachments

• iAqualink Service Codes SWG pdf.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 9
I cleaned the head of the plus now back to 172 185 186 error codes.

Now I recalibrated the salt system as it was reading crazy high and I had it tested at 3 stores and myself all 3100 to 3300 so I went to 3200.... temp on the pool is reading colder than it is though as water is about 72 and it's reading lo temp.

Last edited:
Those are all codes for the sensor. Remove the sensor and clean it.

If that doesn't fix it then Google "Jandy AquaPure Workbook" and you will find detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot the sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.