Jandy AquaPure - Salinity Reading stuck at 0.7, Service Code 144

Hagefamily

Jun 4, 2012
Good morning everyone.

Pool was opened yesterday by my local pool company. I noticed on the SWG control panel it said SERVICE, Add Salt, error code 144 flashed periodically, and 0.7 salinity reading.

The pool company, of course, simply said to add salt and this will go away. I ran the pool math and know I need a LOT of bags-figure 16 to 17 ( (33,000 gal pool). I was only able to pick up 5 bags that day and add it in. As usual, dumped all the bags into the shallow end and used my brush until it was all dissolved into the water.

Decided to check this morning again after leaving the pump on overnight to make sure the salt was all mixed in. SERVICE, 0.7 salinity, Add Salt.

I verified yesterday & today that my SWG is set to 0% too.

I'm assuming that the sensor must be shot. Due to rain & snow, I drained a lot of water from the pool over the winter so I expected near 0 salt. However, after adding 5 bags I expected my reading to change. Unless I'm missing something else???

Thanks in advance for any guidance/advice on how to troubleshoot the problem.

I'm not familiar with your brand of swg, but just wanted to check that you have an alternate means to test your salt level before you go dumping more salt into the pool. The Taylor salt test sold at TFTestkits.net would be a good one.

If you have the swg manual and if its anything like mine, there should be a error code list and troubleshooting guide to follow, as well as a reset process. Sorry I can't offer more specific assistance but I wanted to make sure you didn't add more salt without checking salinity independently, either by getting a kit, strips, or even the dreaded pool store. Lots of folks add more due to error codes and then end up having to drain....

Update: Got the sensor off. Sensors looked brand-new. Shiny silver. Scrubbed it a bit anyway to be certain. Reattached & still same reading (0.7 salinity). Next step - take the whole unit off, cap the ends, remove the sensor, and use the water/muriatic acid cell cleaning. If that doesn't work, I guess the sensor has to be replaced, right????

Finally called out my local pool company for this one.

They replaced the SWG sensor and still had the same reading (0.7 salinity). Replaced the main board in the control panel and that fixed it.

Fortunately, these were still under warranty!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.