Jandy AquaPure PC1400 not generating, no error codes

Puglord

May 29, 2019
Sugar Land, TX
I have a Jandy AquaPure PC1400 that recently stopped generating chlorine. The system indicates that the cell is active and there are no error codes being thrown. I removed it and cleaned the cell with an acid bath but there was no change afterwards. I put it on boost for 24 hours and still 0 FC, 0 TC in the pool. All other chemicals are within normal range. Since there are no error codes I'm hesitant to run out and buy a new one if the problem might be elsewhere in the system.

The guess is you have algae consuming all the FC your SWG is creating.

You can do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test using liquid chlorine to raise your FC to a known ppm.

If you have algae then we have the SLAM Process process to clear it.

Okay, understood. I actually did have a serious algae problem after a recent bad rainstorm and completed a SLAM process, the pool is now crystal clear. The issue with the salt cell may have started before or after, I have no way of knowing now.

I'll follow up with an OCLT.

Post a complete set of water tests.

Your water should never be at 0 FC. You should add liquid chlorine to maintain your FC until you sort out your SWG problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.