Jandy Aquapure/Aqualink connectivity issue

orphancars

May 14, 2022
Fort Worth, TX
Seems like I'm finding issue after issue after I resurrect my pool from a few years of neglect.....

I have a weird connectivity issue between my Jandy Aquapure and Aqualink. Or maybe this is a total issue on the Aquapure side of things. First off, the Aquapure doesn't seem to retain it's setting for chlorine production. I can set it to 30/40/70/80%....anything.....and it doesn't seem to retain that setting overnight, when powered off, etc. When it powers up, it's set at 0%.

Also, when Aquapure and Aqualink are connected together via the 4-pin header, I can not adjust chlorine production rate from the front panel on the Aquapure. It just stays at zero.

Also also, through the iAqualink app, I can set chlorine production rate , but it doesn't change on the Aquapure. I can see the Aquapure is connected, can read salt concentration, but that is all.

If I disconnect the Aquapure and Aqualink, then I can set chlorine production from the front panel on the Aquapure.....but it doesn't retain that setting.

It would seem like the main board on the Aquapure is bad in some way, but I'm not 100% convinced. Nothing I've found on line or in the manuals is similar to the conditions I am seeing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Does your Aqualink display the correct water temperature?

Y'all are geniuses!!! And smarter than the "Jandy certified" guy I had out here a few years ago.

It was around 2019 when I originally noticed this problem. At that point in time, I had just had a new salt cell installed and noticed this problem. Told the pool dude about it, he disconnected the link between the 2 boxes and said it was most likely an expen$ive problem with the Aqualink RS. Also, at that time, the pool temp wasn't registering. I pointed it out to the pool dude and he said that this was just a sensor to measure temp, and nothing else relied on it.

I recently got serious about fixing the small problems in the pool that were adding up to a larger problem. I have been replacing/updating/upgrading parts these past couple of weeks. I think I'm at the point to see if the salt cell still has some hours left in it. Just have to wait and see after I shock the pool to get rid of the green algae that is taking hold in some areas.

Thanks again -- @generessler and @ajw22 -- y'all make it to the DFW area, I owe you a beer(s)....or a bourbon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.