Jandy AquaPure Ei

jliken

Mar 20, 2015
Bonita/CA
I get the dreaded "check salt or low temp" display. Lights alternate orange - to 4 green to flow "flash". I tested the cell by bypassing the flow and inverting and filling with salted tap water and then pool water. Both are producing chem reaction and chlorine. The chlorine produced is not enough to keep my proper levels of sanitation, so I am adding bleach every few days. Running the pump for 6 hrs per day.
Chem's are as follows: FC 2.0, pH 7.8, TA 80, CH 500, CYA 40, Salt 4700, BOR 50, Temp 83, CSI 0.10 (this is happening in pool #1 below)
Pool tech I know, believes that the CH is causing my issues with the display and operation. One important fact that I forgot to mention, I also just replaced the cell because I understood that is the most common reason for the salt/temp issue. My thought is to replace the units board but he is swearing if I swap out water, it will function properly. With our drought here, I really don't want to pump out water, if I don't have to. Any advice for me?

6 hour of pump run time will never give you enough FC this time of year with your Jandy ei. 6 hours of runtime at 100% generates 1.1 ppm of FC. You need to be running it at 100% for 18+ hours to generate around 3 ppm for an average pool.

How are you measuring your 4700 ppm of salt?

I want to confirm you have this model since it is the Aquapure Ei Series and you are calling it the AI.

If it is generating chlorine then your problem is too short of a runtime as described above.

I don't know why the lights are flashing. I suggest you call Jandy support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.