Jandy AquaPure 1400 installation question-senson error

Mar 19, 2008
Cypress, Texas
I just installed a new AquaPure system with a 1400 salt cell. So far I have been getting various errors for the temp/flow sensor (172, 183, 184, etc). The connector on the com cable plugs directly to my controller board, but it also came with a little adapter board with a jumper and pushbutton. The connectors on this board are the same as on the comm cable and controller. However, I have been unable to find any information about the board or whether it should be installed. I have seen it mentioned in various posts but little is said about its purpose other than it's a signal booster.

Anyone know the answer? Should I or shouldn't I install it!

Thanks,

Ron Jenson
Cypress, TX

I verified my firmware is 02100A10, pulled off the jumper, and installed it.
I think that you meant 02110A10.

Also, note that if the salt was recently added, it might not have had time to become fully distributed. Local concentrations of high salt could affect the reading. For example, if the salt were poured in the pool, it could sink to the bottom and get sucked into the main drain.

Update: random "no flow" errors. Installed adapter board and no problems since. Also packaged up bad sensor and shipped to Jandy with a note instructing them to insert it where many folks would not insert such things. You pay a premium price, you expect a quality product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.