Jandy Aqua Pure flow/temp/salinity sensor

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello,
Just opened the pool the other day. The salinity on my jandy aqua pure sensor is reading 2.1. I've already dumped a bag of salt in and it is not moving at all. The sensor is new and was put in last august. This is the kind that has a program A and B. I am running program A. Any ideas on what is going on?
Thanks,
Doug

Salinity readings from electronics can be affected by temperature. What's your current water temp? Do you have a salt test kit? I would verify the salt with a test kit before adding any more salt.

Im at 62 degrees. I just back from a store and they have me at 2,900 ppm. I need to get a kit for these occasions.

I don't know if I turn on the swg to produce chlorine if it will damage the cell at this point.....I guess I'll just start adding bleach

Most SWG can function at 60 degrees or above, but they are less efficient/productive at producing chlorine. I would stick to manual dosing for a little while until your water temp comes up to closer to 70. Then you can see what your cell reads for salt level, what you get using a test and then perhaps bump up your salt level a bit. If you had to refill any significant water amount from draining in the fall, you likely do have to bump that salt level up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.