Jandy Aqua Link RS remote won’t turn on

Welcome to the forum!
I do not have Jandy automation but on my Easytouch I can go out to the panel and do anything I can do via the remote. Can you?
Or, turn the pump off, the heater will turn off as the pressure switch will prevent it from running.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

At the Aqualink panel out at your equipment pad, you can toggle the left button from Auto to Service mode, which enables manual mode at that panel. Then towards the right side of the panel, there should be a Heater button which you can push so the Heater light on the panel goes out and the heater shuts off.

Note that there may be a cool-down period for the heater before it fully shuts off.

I can do it in service mode from the panel but when put back to auto it goes back to the setting that were selected from the remote. If the remote doesn’t work do I need to leave in service mode until I can get a new remote or fix the current one?

At the Aqualink panel out at your equipment pad, you can toggle the left button from Auto to Service mode, which enables manual mode at that panel. Then towards the right side of the panel, there should be a Heater button which you can push so the Heater light on the panel goes out and the heater shuts off.

Note that there may be a cool-down period for the heater before it fully shuts off.

I can do it in service mode from the panel but when put back to auto it goes back to the setting that were selected from the remote. If the remote doesn’t work do I need to leave in service mode until I can get a new remote or fix the current one?

I think you need to take your heater out of control mode and then you would control your heater from the heater panel until your PDA is fixed. The heater should have instructions on the console LCD screen on how to do this. Also I suggest you upgrade your system with the IQ20-a or IQ20-RS so you can control it with a smartphone.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.