TyFelts

In The Industry
Aug 17, 2018
Austin Texas
Afternoon,
Pool guy here. I have a customer who wants to install JVA's (Jandy actuator valves). Two, no problem, however they want 3. This I don't know how to do. :unsure:
Question 1) Is there a 'third' auxiliary and can it be programmed in the Aqualink RS. OR, can they be wired in parallel with another actuator?

I can't find any info online or in any product manuals. The reason for this is because they plumbed the spa drain and pool main drain into the same 3 way valve. Then that primary line goes in another 3-way valve which picks up the skimmer. Then into the filter pump and they're trying to solve the plumbing weirdness with valves.
Question 2) Can 3 JVA's be installed? If yes, how?
Or is the solution in changing the physical plumbing THEN installing only two actuators?

Thanks in advance, and love TFP! Learn a lot here.

Welcome to the forum. Review the wiki article. It should describe how to add an additional JVA.
Thanks for your reply!
A few more details - the third actuator is to make the spa/pool mode and spillover feature fully automated. My plumbing description explains why.
The third valve is not intended as standalone on the cleaner aux or to control any other water feature like a waterfall etc.
I've read that article again and before, but I don't see where it says you can or exactly how to add a 3rd valve to the spa/pool/spillover mode specifically.
Maybe I'm missing something?

You would have to program the third valve to actuate with the use of the spa mode. I am not a Jandy automation expert.

Let's ask @PoolGate for his help.

I would fix the physical plumbing because I don’t think you will get the Aqualink SPA mode to work properly with 3 valves. The RETURN and SUCTION valves need to work the way the Aqualink expects. You can add a third valve to independently control a water feature.

I would fix the physical plumbing because I don’t think you will get the Aqualink SPA mode to work properly with 3 valves. The RETURN and SUCTION valves need to work the way the Aqualink expects. You can add a third valve to independently control a water feature.
My thoughts exactly. I know I could probably wire it with a standalone 24v contact block, but makes for a maintenance/troubleshooting nightmare down the road. The plumbing is a 'proper fix' rather than a make it work one.
Sometimes equipment has features that are unknown, but this doesn't seem to have one. I may call the service line and ask them. I'll update this thread if they tell me a workaround that seems reasonable.
Thanks!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.