xpert66

Apr 11, 2021
Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well just installed a new 2-port never lube valve and it is leaking at the seam between top cover and body. Replaced the o-ring just to make sure, cleaned it all up to make sure no debris, etc. and it's leaking and spritzing out a lot of water. I checked for cracks, etc. and all seems to be fine. Can never get in touch with Jandy support. Any suggestions? I am using the valve as a heater bypass. May have to replumb and use a ball valve that I originally had that gave me no trouble. Since I was re-doing some plumbing I figured installing a Jandy valve for longevity and repairablity.

When you tightened it up, did you go in a criss-cross pattern to avoid warping the lid?
Be sure to only use a hand screwdriver on those--do not use an electric screwdriver--it will crack either the lid or the body. If the body is cracked, it must be replaced...I've tried repairing with JB Weld and it just isn't good enough. You say it is coming out between the body and the lid. Check carefully to see if the lid is seated all the way around. These are pretty foolproof if the lid seats correctly and you don't over-torque and tighten in a criss-cross manner (like putting on a tire).

When you tightened it up, did you go in a criss-cross pattern to avoid warping the lid?
Be sure to only use a hand screwdriver on those--do not use an electric screwdriver--it will crack either the lid or the body. If the body is cracked, it must be replaced...I've tried repairing with JB Weld and it just isn't good enough. You say it is coming out between the body and the lid. Check carefully to see if the lid is seated all the way around. These are pretty foolproof if the lid seats correctly and you don't over-torque and tighten in a criss-cross manner (like putting on a tire).
Yes I did everything you mentioned. It's actually leaking in multiple spots at the seam. It looks like a good seal and the lid is sitting perfectly. Jandy still hasn't responded to calls and emails. Tomorrow I'm cutting it out and installing a ball valve.

Just switched the tops with one that doesn't leak and it leaks. I guess it's the body. This one happens to be installed vertically does anyone think that could be an issue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well like I said before I'm running out of room to re-pipe so I am not chancing this again. I'll either get the Hayward two port valve with double unions or just a double true union ball valve

Last edited:
Did glue drip inside?

Maybe a cracked body.

Was it a new valve?

Do you have a picture of the valve?
Not sure what glue would do to the inside to cause a leak unless there was glue between the seal which there is not. Brand new valve. Leaks in both open and closed position

Attachments

• 20220526_135432.jpg
    20220526_135432.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220526_135426.jpg
    20220526_135426.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 8
Yeah I'm draining the pipes cuz I'm going to cut out that Jandy valve. It leaks everywhere some sections it spritzes out some sections it kind of pours out. Jandy still has not responded to me very disappointed in their customer service but at least I have other options

BTW Jandy does not support residential consumers. Only pool professionals. So if you're handy and do not want to pay over priced and overly busy pool professionals you cannot file a warranty claim as per their website.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.