Ivory travertine versus other colors. Pictures please!

linzvirgo

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2016
So VA
I am having an incredibly hard time making a decision on our pool deck. We know we want travertine as well as travertine coping but can not decide on the color or size of coping. Please help-I love lighter colors and am intrigued by the Ivory swirl that travertine mart offers which seems to be a blend of the two. Any photos or advice in ordering from a wholesale place such as travertine mart or stone mart is SO appreciated. So happy I have found this forum:)

We ordered ivory swirl from Travertine Mart and had no issues with them. They shipped quickly (from FL to OH) and had less than 1% breakage. (I think they say to estimate 4%) Prices were great, even with shipping included it was less than 1/2 what travertine costs around here.

We are expanding our concrete decking and it matches it nicely. We were happy with our purchase.

Here's a pic. Still a work in progress and it just rained out so that's what the dark areas are...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love your color travertine! What is the difference in the ivory and the ivory swirl? Does the ivory swirl mix some of the ivory and walnut shades? So happy to hear you were pleased with travertine mart.

Here's a color they call "Noche" that we had installed. Ours is filled on one side and was installed filled side up. As I was told, filled is when they take travertine dust created in the cutting process and mix it with epoxies to make a paste that they used to smooth in the imperfections in the tiles. It looks like they may have used Ivory dust to fill our tiles. It is worth noting that this color, when dry for several days, takes on a powdery bleached look.

trav1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.