Its Nice to meet everyone, and im so glad to be here!

Dontyella

Jun 17, 2019
Moreno.valley, ca
Hi i'm Daniela.
I live in Moreno Valley, Ca. I have a real big job on my hands; because my 30,000 gallon pool is pretty old, and I've accidentally turned it into an ugly duckling.
(to put it politley!)
When I was put in charge of my home and.property over 8 years ago, my pool was self sufficient. We had a motorized cover, it's long gone and so my troubles slowly began to grow.
Long story short, it's empty and has been scrubbed and cleaned quite well. I know it shouldn't sit empty for very long ( a week if that?)
I had planned to wash it all out with the muruatic acid ; but now that I've seen how badly the plaster is deteriorated..maybe that would be too much for it. I don't have money to replaster!!!
I'm hoping I can squeeze one more season out of my pool. It's hard to keep the chemistry ship shape without any cover. Not to mention I think I need to check the plumbing, drains, valves, and all that jazz because I've never closed.the pool for the winter, or given it the tlc it requires.
I'm so overwhelmed, I regret not learning how to properly take care of a pool from the start. I had no idea I was destroying it , how embarrassing and discouraging.
if I'm as fortunate as other folks who are members of this great website/ organization; I'll surely recieve some helpful info. And I thank you for your time and consideration.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Please start with our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and those Vital Links below in my signature. Make sure you have a TF-100 test kit (or Taylor K-2006C). See Test Kits Compared Good pool care starts with one of those. Let us know if you have more questions.

Reactions: Mdragger88