It's Fall and Liquid Chlorine Not Available :(

K8Luvs2Run

Gold Supporter
May 13, 2016
McKinney, TX
Hi Friends,
I took over maintenance of my pool this Spring and have been using the TFP guidance to manage water chemistry and reduce persistent algae which appears to be a result of my many trees.

New challenge, I cannot find Liquid Chlorine I had been buying from Walmart at 3.50 a gallon now that Fall is here. I really need it as my trees will be dropping a ton of leave through the end of November. I can only find it online for crazy expensive prices.

How do I maintain my FC level through the Fall and Winter with no access to liquid chlorine, or what is your secret to getting liquid chlorine this time of year.

We are in the Dallas area.

Much thanks,
Kate

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Have you gone to a pool store? Leslie's still carries LC and you can also go to Pinch a Penny (not sure if they are in Dallas area).
Home Depot in my area has run out and inventory slow to return.

Reactions: K8Luvs2Run

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
Hi Friends,
I took over maintenance of my pool this Spring and have been using the TFP guidance to manage water chemistry and reduce persistent algae which appears to be a result of my many trees.

New challenge, I cannot find Liquid Chlorine I had been buying from Walmart at 3.50 a gallon now that Fall is here. I really need it as my trees will be dropping a ton of leave through the end of November. I can only find it online for crazy expensive prices.

How do I maintain my FC level through the Fall and Winter with no access to liquid chlorine, or what is your secret to getting liquid chlorine this time of year.

We are in the Dallas area.

Much thanks,
Kate
The only place I've found it all year is my local pool store.

K8Luvs2Run

Gold Supporter
May 13, 2016
McKinney, TX
Have you gone to a pool store? Leslie's still carries LC and you can also go to Pinch a Penny (not sure if they are in Dallas area).
Home Depot in my area has run out and inventory slow to return.
Sadly, Leslie’s was the first place I looked in the Spring and they said they stopped carrying it. I’ll try Pinch a Penny.

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Wait a second, which Walmart did you go to? I picked up a few gallons at the McKinney Walmart off of Custer this weekend and they had a whole shelf full of 100+ bottles. Also every Lowes and Home Depot around us carries liquid chlorine. Heck, they even carry it at Kroger in their tiny pool section.

anotherpyr

Jun 22, 2007
Columbia, MD
If you haven’t checked the Walmart website I’d do that. The Walmart I normally go to hasn’t had it at all this year. But another one nearby that I’d never been to had lots and I found that via the website. Also, most pool stores, not just Leslies may carry it. That is where I had been getting it at a higher price.

Lilypad

Bronze Supporter
Nov 12, 2016
Plano, Texas
1 Stop Pool Supply —2011 W. Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano, TX 75023. Home Depot carries HDX liquid chlorine.
Lowes had their KemTek brand too.

You can search their sites online and do curb pickup at the box stores. I got several cases a week ago at HD. Or....use regular, unscented, no additive, plain old bleach!

K8Luvs2Run

Gold Supporter
May 13, 2016
McKinney, TX
Wait a second, which Walmart did you go to? I picked up a few gallons at the McKinney Walmart off of Custer this weekend and they had a whole shelf full of 100+ bottles. Also every Lowes and Home Depot around us carries liquid chlorine. Heck, they even carry it at Kroger in their tiny pool section.
Hi! I went to 380/75 and the one off of McKinney Ranch/Lake Forest.