Issues with Omnilogic Automation

melsullivan10

Dec 18, 2020
St Petersburg, FL
Recently purchased a home with an Omnilogic Hayward system. Everything was up and running beautifully until we switched the account from the previous owner. We contacted Hayward tech support to transfer ownership, got the software downloaded onto our PC and mobile phones. They provided us the firmware updates because it had not been updated in 2 years. I followed all instructions, watched Youtube videos, and read a thread here on this site. The Omnilogic system does not seem to recognize the USB drive so I found your site here, which prompted me to check all formating and ensured the downloaded files are not in a subfolder. We called a local dealer and service tech came out, they were unable to resolve the issue, sent us back to Hayward tech support along with recommendation to possibly buying a new pump would solve the problem because he couldn't buy-pass the system to get it to run. It has now been one week, here in Florida where filter and water are not flowing through the system.

We have zero communications between the mobile app and the omnilogic system. And, we cannot get anything to run or work via the omnilogic board itself.

Welcome to TFP.

While you are working to fix your OmniLogic get some jugs of liquid chlorine and add 5 ppm of liquid chlorine into the pool daily and stir it in with your pool brush. That should keep your water from going green.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

What test kit do you have?

@JamesW may have ideas about your OmniLogic.

I've had trouble getting the Omni to recognize the correct file format as well and my "go to" is to download using Chrome. I've tried other browsers and I'm not sure why, but Chrome seems to work every time and the others almost always give me issues. If your Omni isn't recognizing the file, it's the wrong file (or corrupted) in your USB. Been through this dozens of times. Can't really speak to your pump issue, but it sounds like the tech just didn't understand the Omni and how it interacts with the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.