Isaias recovery

DonQ

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2014
Brookfield, CT
I would like to thank all the forum and pool school experts over the years for their great advice which helped us recover from the hurricane quickly.. We lost power for seven days and there was a lot of debris and dirt blown into our pool. After years of lugging jugs of liquid hypochlorite we converted to swg about a month ago (I'm 75 and not as spry as I once was). The chlorine level before storm was very steady at 7-8 ppm (cya about 70). After the storm the first thing we did was to remove all the vegetation we could and keep an eye on the chlorine. When it started to dip we added hypochlorite around the edges and brushed it to mix as best we could. The water was cloudy (I think from all the blown-in dirt) but never green. When the power came back on we adjusted chlorine to 8 ppm with hypochlorite, turned on the swg and let The Pool Cleaner do its job. Two days later the pool was sparkling again.
Again, I thank TFP and all the experts for their guidance in helping us know what to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.