Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Was wondering if this is accurate. I work at a public pool and the guy who does the water and chemicals uses this or maybe a different brand. You put water sample in tube. Add drops and than the test gives reading based off color and you get a digital reading. It’s not cheap but worth it if it’s accurate. Any opinions ?
LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WKK71S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SBBS59ZKZRTTJ5HG60R7

Was wondering if this is accurate. I work at a public pool and the guy who does the water and chemicals uses this or maybe a different brand. You put water sample in tube. Add drops and than the test gives reading based off color and you get a digital reading. It’s not cheap but worth it if it’s accurate. Any opinions ?
LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WKK71S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SBBS59ZKZRTTJ5HG60R7
I bought this exact same water test kit earlier this year before I started TFP pool maintenance. Was told it was not accurate, and it was recommended that I puchase a drop style kit, I bought the Taylor 2006C water test kit. It is close, but the results are never the same. FC is usually .5 to 1.5 PPM of FC higher. Everything else is pretty close. However, to me, FC is the most important.

L,

I have the ColorQ and use it all the time.. It is very repeatable, but that does not mean it is accurate. It is almost never the same as my TF-Pro...

I find that FC and pH are pretty close.. CH on the other hand is not even close.. I tested my standalone hot tub and the ColorQ said it was 87, while the TF-Pro said 180..

The CYA test is very dependent on what "batch" of tablets you have.. A new batch will often change the reading by 50 ppm.

I use my ColorQ like I use an open end wrench to tighten a bolt.. When close is close enough.. I use my TF-Pro like a torque wrench, when I want to make sure exactly how tight something is.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JeanZ1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.