Nannncywangster

Oct 31, 2020
Las Vegas
Hello there, I am new to this community and this is my first post! I am hoping to see what you guys think about a quote I received for my pool + spa project, I want to know if it’s fairly priced/ is there any room for negotiation. Please take a look and thank you guys in advance!!

Pool Size-15’x29’ Depth- 3’6”-5’6” Square feet-417
Spa Size-7’x7’Depth-3’6”Square feet-49

Items included in proposal:
• Engineered plans, permits, taxes and lien releases
• Workman’s comp. public liability and property damage insurance
• Complete pool layout prior to excavation for your approval
• Normal excavation and site layout with access
• Engineered steel and shotcrete plans with min. 4500psi mix
• All plumbing Sch.40 PVC with separate main drain, skimmer and vacuum line
• All required electrical service with sub panel time clock and GFI protection
• Over 100 Standard tiles selections
• Equipment pads
• 48’ of 1 ½ inch PE Gas Line for heater
• Hayward Equipment to include
• Vs Omni 950 3hp filter pump
• 1 Skimmer
• 400,000 BTU Heater
• 1ea Color/LED pool light
• 1ea Color/LED spa light
• 1 ea LV Color/LED lights in Wet Deck
• All check valves and 3 way valves
• Hayward Omni Wireless Control using smart devices
• 2 ea valve Actuators
• Independent Vacuum line with Aqua Naut 200 Vacuum.
• Chlorination- Deck Chlorinator
• 1ea Bubbler in wet decks
• Umbrella sleeve in wet deck
• Plaster Finish- White or French Grey
• 6 spa jets with 1 1/2hp air blower
• Spa to be raised 18” with Infinity edgespillway
• Kool Decking- 530 sq ft of sprayed cool decking, with cantilever formed bullnose coping
• Pavers -440 sq ft
• Raised Feature wall with 48” stainless steel sheer descent, operated by Tristar 1HP feature pump
• Freshen landscaping at front yard access
Home Owner responsible for any soil inspections if required for permitting. Also home owner to be responsible for any hard dig/Caliche which requires hammering at $200.00 Per Hr.

this company wants to charge me $67k and I am located in Las Vegas.

Attachments

• 8A7993AD-9AB6-483B-9298-5FC9E3DC64BB.jpeg
    8A7993AD-9AB6-483B-9298-5FC9E3DC64BB.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Pool prices vary widely based on location. I’d recommend getting several quotes and speaking with several customers for each of the pool builders. For what it’s worth, that pool would likely be $10-$20k more in my neighborhood in Oklahoma City.

I agree with what RU4Cycling2 said, best way to judge is get multiple quotes. I would add, get them as similar as possible, meaning, don't change size or depth or anything major so you can compare apples to apples. I would review this one in detail, is it everything you want...chlorination system, number of lights, equipment size, number of skimmers, decking type, etc. then you'll be able to be more specific with the other PBs. Or you could just see what each PB recommends but it will be harder to compare to each other...but you can go back to them afterwards and ask for changes. Also ask what their payment schedule is when you meet with them and make sure you are ok with it...some front-load it way too much.

Hello there, I am new to this community and this is my first post! I am hoping to see what you guys think about a quote I received for my pool + spa project, I want to know if it’s fairly priced/ is there any room for negotiation. Please take a look and thank you guys in advance!!

• Equipment pads
• 1 Skimmer
• 400,000 BTU Heater
• 2 ea valve Actuators
• Kool Decking- 530 sq ft of sprayed cool decking, with cantilever formed bullnose coping
• Pavers -440 sq ft
• Raised Feature wall with 48” stainless steel sheer descent, operated by Tristar 1HP feature pump
Home Owner responsible for any soil inspections if required for permitting. Also home owner to be responsible for any hard dig/Caliche which requires hammering at $200.00 Per Hr.

Hi there! New to the website. I came across your post as I’m looking for other DIY experiences in Vegas. I received bids from 2 contractors in Vegas recently and the one you received is not far off. I decided to go owner build and will be saving around 30%. Contact me if you want to discuss.

• Equipment pads
• 1 Skimmer
• 400,000 BTU Heater
• 2 ea valve Actuators
• Pavers -440 sq ft

Hi there! This is actually almost exactly what we were getting but priced at $60k! I got about 15-20 quotes. Message me and I can refer you to that PB if you haven’t moved forward with your quote. After a lot of thought, we are now looking to prob do an OB instead to save even more $.

Your pool is similar to what we got in austin tx. Our base bid was 75k for less decking. We ended up putting in about that much decking and we are now at 85K. Our builder was likely the low bidder as other pool builders didnt submit quotes but said it would be a min of 100k and up to 150K

In 2017 I would say that you could do a little better, in 2021 I would say for a builder and rising labor and material costs your pretty solid. I would ask the builder to throw in a salt generator and maybe some plants since they are doing landscaping or include automation and see if you can maintain the same price

In Houston, TX, we met with several pool builders back in April 2019 prior to the pandemic and one of the PBs we were really interested in gave a quote for a slightly larger pool than this but similar size spa for 83k.

We didn't build then but 1.5 years later in December 2020, we got serious about building and got 4 quotes varying about 10-30k. After we specified exactly what we wanted, 3 of them came out to be within $700 from each other with the 4th builder being 6k more. We decided to sign with the PB that gave us the 2019 quote (the 83k) and we added more features, more decking, and made the pool even larger than the previous design, and are at 92k for a freeform gunite pool and a 7' raised (18") spa. This includes an IFCS for about 5k and upgraded from PebbleTec to PebbleSheen. I'm told prices have gone up significantly compared to before the pandemic but I feel like we got a good price; only 9k more from the pre-pandemic quote but now including more pool and features.

I think you're pretty good with that pricing but of course location makes a big difference, so just make sure you get a couple of more bids, even if you're sure you like this specific PB.

• Equipment pads
• 1 Skimmer
• 400,000 BTU Heater
• 2 ea valve Actuators
• Pavers -440 sq ft

I have a list of subcontractors if your interested on O/B. It’s a few years old but worth a shot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Note: OP hasn’t been back on the site since they first posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.