Is this my pool light transformer?

jordan99x

Nov 4, 2019
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I’m told by my pool guy that he cannot locate my pool light transformer, (it’s 12v) so I can switch to LED. I am not too savvy, but isn’t this it? Photo is from side and from below it...

Please help. I’m being told Ihave to pay lots of $$ to get one wired in to replace light with LED.

thanks!
- Jordan

Attachments

• 30AD93FB-879E-4748-831C-61463ED4428E.jpeg
    30AD93FB-879E-4748-831C-61463ED4428E.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 58E566A5-953A-4D11-B8CE-92C665840137.jpeg
    58E566A5-953A-4D11-B8CE-92C665840137.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 38
Welcome to TFP.

That is just a junction box with various wire connections. There is no transformer visible. The transformer would be a large metal brick with wires coming out of it.

Jordan,

If you currently have a 120 volt light, the simplest thing to do would be to just install an LED light that works off of 120 volts.. You would have to change nothing but the bulb itself...

Jim R.

Actually I have a 12 volt light in the pool. I did the replacement of the standard light with the screw in LED light. I’m told that a re-wired LED light would be brighter. Additionally as I consider getting the pool resurfaced they suggested adding lights - but cannot find the transformer - so the cost is very high. Is it possible that this junction box (in photo) contains the transformer inside of it?

Welcome to TFP.

That is just a junction box with various wire connections. There is no transformer visible. The transformer would be a large metal brick with wires coming out of it.

thanks for the reply.Is it possible that this junction box (in photo) contains the transformer inside of it? It’s the only large box mounted on the outside of the house that I can find...

Jordan,

I looked again at your pics and I agree with you that the transformer is most likely inside the top portion of the box on the wall..

I assume the pic showing the wires is from the bottom of the box.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jordan99x
Jordan,

I looked again at your pics and I agree with you that the transformer is most likely inside the top portion of the box on the wall..

I assume the pic showing the wires is from the bottom of the box.

Thanks,

Jim R.
You are correct the photo is of the bottom of the box, I was able to open the top of the box, but the view was blocked by a black plastic cover.

You are correct the photo is of the bottom of the box, I was able to open the top of the box, but the view was blocked by a black plastic cover.

You probably found the transformer. To see the transformer you need to disconnect all the wires and I would think it may push up and out. Disconnect the circuit breaker before you do any digging in the box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.