Is this grout, if so, how do i fix this, any suggestions

Got into the pool this afternoon and saw these little specs sitting on the bench below the spillover from the spa; i presume this is grout, but wanted to check in and get your thoughts? If so, any suggestions on what i should use to repair this, and any first hand experiences with a how-to or maybe a youtube video?

Here are the pics of what i saw, and where i think it came from.

First pic are the white little specs i found on the bench below my spillover from the spa to the pool; the second pic is the actual spillover, where i suspect where the grout, came from (?), i'm guessing its grout?

Attachments

• IMG-5056.jpg
    IMG-5056.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5058.jpg
    IMG_5058.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 40
I keep my pool chemistry quite consistent, and follow what the poolmath tells me to do. Can anyone tell me what this is, first time seeing it, is this calcium deposits? If so, how do i get rid of it? I'm referring to the white stuff going down to the tile line...i've never seen this before.IMG_5057.jpg

Yeah, your grout is cracking and being worn by the water running over it. It is the same way water made the Grand Canyon.

Use a grout saw to remove the grout and apply new grout to the gaps. I use....

I keep my pool chemistry quite consistent, and follow what the poolmath tells me to do. Can anyone tell me what this is, first time seeing it, is this calcium deposits? If so, how do i get rid of it? I'm referring to the white stuff going down to the tile line...i've never seen this before.View attachment 328834

It is water line scale caused by evaporation leaving the calcium on the stone.

You can try removing it with very diluted muriatic acid solution, about 5:1. Be caerful that the acid solution does not damage your stone or grout.

No, the grout is put in after the stone is placed.

You need to mix the grout at the right consistency for it to flow into the joint.

In looking at this in more detail, i have no clue how to get the grout all the way in there; do you think i need a stone mason to maybe remove some of the stone to regrout?
Use a rubber grout trowel. Just press it into the gap going over it multiple times. Then as it dries, use a lightly damp sponge to remove excess grout from the face of the tiles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.