Is this cover tight enough?

2thdoc1

Sep 14, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
PB closed our new pool a couple weeks ago and I noticed today after some rain that the cover has a little sag to it. Does it need to be tightened a bit more? This is a brand new “micro mesh” cover and we are in southwest lower MI so we do get quite a bit of snow. Thanks!!E0CF488A-0537-48C8-8F3E-E1DC241A5513.jpeg

Sag is normal. That is what the springs are for. It will sag more once snow gets on it. Leave it alone and don't worry about the sag it.

When dry it should be just a bit shy of flat. Your picture is of a wet cover which would start the sagging. Yours seems a touch loose.

My cover dry 7 years ago. I've probably a tightened up the straps a bit once or twice over the years. When snow covered, it goes to the water surface which is a max of 16" below the deck surface.

IMG_8152 - TFP.jpg

And the first winter.

IMG_1043_mod - TFP.JPG

Attachments

• 25166-c7815138572d1b5e88540a766d5c1417.jpg
    25166-c7815138572d1b5e88540a766d5c1417.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 2
Your cover is too loose. First year for me and after the cover was installed, I think it stretched out a bit or loosened up. As JamesW said, I checked each spring and now it looks much better. Per my manufacture’s instructions, each spring is supposed to be engaged by 50%. I’m not sure I got that precise but I made sure each spring had some tension on it.

Thanks- plan to tighten things up a bit this weekend. Any order I need to go t o tighten? Start in the corners or center and work out?
Not sure if there’s a right way to tighten, but I have a rectangle so I started on the short ends and then went to the middle and worked out on the long ends. My main goal was to make sure that there was balance. I didn‘t want a spring on one side being very tight and not have any tension on the spring on the opposing side of the same strap, if you know what I mean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.